EPIC Credentialed Trainer
Participates on a training team supporting a particular clinical or business function and area of expertise.
Responsible for accomplishing assigned tasks according to project deadlines, schedules and quality standards.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision and Values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
2. Provides scheduled classroom training which includes preparing and setting up the training environment and other logistics.
3. Delivers standardized, instructor led, scripted training curriculum to providers, clinical and non-clinical staff.
4. Conducts engaging and effective training sessions to diverse audiences.
5. Performs attendance and competency assessment tracking after each class instruction.
6. Completes training materials and documentation related to each class session.
7. Incorporates the principles of Adult Learning in training course curriculum.
8. Conducts assessment of student training needs before, during and after each class.
9. Makes necessary adjustments to training delivery based on student and training team feedback.
10. Identifies, communicates and escalates training issues and concerns to ensure timely and effective resolution.
11. Interfaces and communicates with project teams to ensure training fits needs of the organization.
12. Identifies trends which may require additional training focus, in-service needs, policy, procedure or system modification.
13. Serves as a change agent to promote, effect and support change in workflow and behaviors related to the Epic system implementation (e.g., documentation at the point of care, on-line review of information, etc.)
14. Promotes effective use of the Epic system by identifying and preventing workarounds and inappropriate usage.
15. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in healthcare or information technology and a minimum of one to three (1-3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to attend and successfully complete the 6 week Trainer Credentialing Program.
Requirements for successful completion include: a passing grade of 80% or higher on the competency exam and successfully presenting a training topic.
3. Prior training experience and expertise is strongly desired; a passion for the education of adults; clinical experience strongly preferred.
4. Knowledge of St. Peters Health Partners clinical and operational workflows, as well as policy and procedures is beneficial.
5. Adheres to the St. Peter’s Health Partners Core Values as demonstrated through positive patient/guest relations, positive and effective interactions with staff, and formulating and meeting developmental goals.
6. Ability to apply knowledge of unit/department workflows and policy and procedures associated with the use of Epic software.
7. Ability to consistently present scripted training materials to large groups, and to conduct engaging and effective training sessions to diverse audiences including management staff, nurses, medical assistants, ancillary support staff, physicians, mid-level providers (NP & PA) and others.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to conduct stand up training.
9. Well respected by peers and management and viewed as a trusted resource.
10. Considerable patience and the ability to adapt to a variety of challenging classroom situations and personalities.
11. Outstanding customer service, people and organizational skills.
12. Ability to identify ways to improve personal and organizational performance.
13. Ability to maintain a high-level of energy, adaptability and flexibility necessary for this project.
14. Ability to use of technology.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) is suggested.
15. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
16. A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes.
We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!